Book Hippo

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Turkey Dinner

Well, we had a great Christmas. I got some good presents, in fact, I will not have to take anything back, not that I ever have. I checked on some family on Facebook but did not phone.

This year, I bought a small turkey. A very small turkey. It cooked in four hours, about one hour less than we thought. I was asleep when David woke me up to tell me the turkey was done.

He made gravy and we had a good supper. The dressing was good, too. Now that it's over, I guess I have all the sales to look forward to now. As I got some money I will have some to spend.

Christmas meals for me have changed a lot since I was a child. Mom used to do all sorts of baking beforehand and we had tarts and shortbread and all sorts of things I just can't remember. She made a big turkey for seven people as my grandmother and grandfather would be with us, too.

It's not such a big deal now, with just me and David but still enjoyable, even if I can't bake very well. How do you make just enough tarts for two? Not impossible but a big bit of trouble.

Pumpkin pie was on our menu,, too, and even though I thought of making my own, I bought one instead. So now we are just going to relax for the rest of the evening and take up where we left off on Friday.

For my American and other readers, we wait for December 27th because the 26th is Boxing Day here.

Hope you had a safe and merry Christmas.

1 comment: