Book Hippo

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Upper Roper Millionaire

So I was finished my writing for the day a few days ago, and I thought I'd type in my old address in White Rock, just to see the photos of it.

We lived on Upper Roper Ave. in an old house with a post coming up through the floor. Dad got a loan from the bank and he built, or had built, a house in the backyard. We then pulled down the house we were in and moved back.

It had four bedrooms and two bathrooms. It had a fireplace.

I remember it as a nice house, one that was well heated, unlike our old one, and big enough to move around in a bit.

Dad built it for $10,000 dollars. When I last checked it in the summer, it had sold for $780,000 dollars. From such humble beginnings.

But I enjoyed looking at the photos to see what had changed and what others had added so I brought it up again.

It seems the guy who bought it in April had flipped it. He had re-done so much that it was listed as being built in 2014. I don't know how much work it takes to make something forty years old be listed as new but I know it now has six bedrooms and two kitchens. It has a basement now, something we never had at all.

It's price is over $3,000,000 dollars. Wow. I don't know if Dad is looking down from beyond at his old house. I don't know if spirits care about such things. But if he were alive I'd tell him just to get his reaction.

Just as an aside. We have bundles from MuseItUp Publishing. My story, Beggar Charlie is bundled with five others and the whole package of over 1000 pages is only $1.99. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Captivating-Tales-Tween-YA-Bundle-ebook/dp/B00PR810K4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416475254&sr=8-3&keywords=captivating+tales

1 comment: