Book Hippo

Monday, October 7, 2013

Tech Boys

There is a fashion tone to every era in human history. It is usually set by whomever is running the show. In Queen Victoria's day, it was very feminine, with lots of lace and bows and a lot of propriety, also very feminine.

I was thinking about that the other day and began to wonder who was setting the standard today, and came up with something that surprised me.

Just look at what is happening today in fashion, plastic surgery, with big boobs a specialty. Lots of those plaid nerd pants. You see them on everyone. Boys used to get beat up for wearing them. Lots of gaming.

Sounds like adolescent boys are running things? Hmmm. What about all those teen-agers making so much money in tech? That's what I came up with. All those adolescentish boys are setting the tone of the world we live in today.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that, I guess. It seems like the dream of the sixties - to have youth run things - is coming true, with the exception that it is all about money now. Which is another thing a lot of people want now.

It's not like my grandparents, who wanted a house they owned with a yard but a mansion is what today's people want and  lots of cars and excitement. Yep, definitely adolescent boys.

I'm not sure I'm completely comfortable with it but it is lots of fun. Lots of games and toys for big people. I just wonder what will the next turn in society come and who will set the fashion in the future.

2 comments:

  1. You'd be a millionaire if you had the ability to predict the next fashion trend. All I know for certain is that the next fashion trend won't have me in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider you a one man fashion trend. You and Mrs. Chubby.

      Delete