Book Hippo

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Viviane Bretanos

Another author with MuseItUp Publishing has released a new book. Unfortunately, she is quite sick and can do no promotion for herself. So I thought I'd do a blog for her. This is going to be in the words of others. Here is Viviane's bio of herself.

I was born in Reading UK in 1958. My father is English and my mother is French although there is a strong vein of Spanish on my maternal grandmother's side. I was educated at various schools before completing Sixth Form College at St Peter's Huntingdon. I somehow managed to collect A levels in English, French and History and I subsequently won a place at Sheffield University where I decided to read Classical

Civilization. Once there, however, I decided that I had had enough of the academic life; I found the student mentality rather false and having been brought up in student circles, rather boring.

Much to my mother's horror, I gave up my studies and went to London to begin a course as a Canine Beautician. In 1984, my first husband and I parted ways amicably and I decided to visit the Ionian island of Corfu to celebrate my new freedom. It proved to be a life-changing decision. I still remember to this day, sitting in a café-bar, overlooking the crystal clear azure sea and saying to my friend. "I never want to leave here". And here, I still am. I am now married again, to a Greek, Alexander {not the Great}, and I have two teenage children, 2 dogs and 4 cats and I absolutely love the life-style here. I would recommend it to anyone.

In 2005,I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer - for the SECOND time in 5 years. It is when you are faced with your own mortality that one begins to put one's life into perspective. Thankfully, God was yet again on my side and I am now in full remission.

But I decided that there was more to me than being a mother {although, I hasten to add, it is a worthy assignment.} I decided to finally get my head down and do what I'd always promised myself; I was going to finish a novel. I have been writing romance since my early teens, mostly for my own satisfaction and for my friends but now I really want to work at it. Writing has become my passion. I have always been a "Romantic", often accused of not living in the real world but who wants to do that? I like to call my work Romance with a quirky, humorous Brit twist and I am always striving to make my characters real, characters we can all relate to.

I still fly back to the UK at least twice a year - especially if Darren Hayes {my other passion} is performing but I have to say that my heart is now in Greece. I suppose with so much Mediterranean blood flowing through my veins, I didn't stand a chance against this magical Island. The imaginary island of Kuros, featured in my new release Dreamweek has been inspired by my beloved Corfu and I hope it will inspire you all to visit.

Viviane has a new book, like I said, A Little Crushed, because she's very sick and in radiation for her third cancer, she can't do any promo herself. I'm just helping her out a little. Really five star reviews all the way.
Age-old tale of student/teacher attraction is told with intelligence and depth. A Little Crushed 
https://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=631&category_id=8&keyword=a+little+crushed&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1




 

7 comments:

  1. Hope Viviane feels better soon. Prayers and best wishes for her book and her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of taking part in Viviane's Mad Monday Musers spot, and it was a lot of fun. I wish her all the best.

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viv has written a great bit about herself here. Her life has been varied and challenging. As an intelligent observer of the world and the people in it, Viv writes stories that ring true and inevitably tug at the heart strings. They allow you to think and make your own decisions as to what you might do in the amazing circumstance in which her characters find themselves. They are ordinary people managing extraordinary life events in the best way they know how....just like us all. They say there is a hero inside each of us. Imperfect and liable to make mistakes? Yes. Stronger because of them? Absolutely. Just like us, just like Viv. She has chosen to use her life experiences for good through her writing. It is powerful stuff.

    Honestly, Viv is a diamond awaiting your discovery.

    Feel better, Viv and return to us with more amazing tales from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've said it all Christine and so well. I couldn't add any more except I really enjoyed 'hearing' Viv talk just now. Get well soon, Viviane, and have great success with you book.

      Delete
  4. How kind of you to help Viv with her promotion. I hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's wishing Viv all the best. I'll keep her in her prayers. She's definitely lucky to have people like you who are willing to help her out. :)

    ReplyDelete