Book Hippo

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Walmart Photography

I'm waiting for my photos. Soon, I should get a call from Walmarts that my photo is in. I use the singular because I bought the least expensive package, which is $13.99. You only get prints of one pose.

That's fine by me. There was only one good photo anyway, and that's not the photographers fault. I'm not photogenic.

You can see it in all my school photos. Bleah. I look awful while everyone else looks so cute, so adorable. Now I do like my baby pictures but anything after that, no.

But I did get one good shot from Walmarts and I'm going to use it at Author Shout which is a site for authors to promote their books. I'm looking forward to trying this site and hope it works better than the more than dozen others, who claim their site is free and then try to charge you money if you actually want to promote. (buying ads or such)

These sites just let you sign up for free and list your book. Sure thing that nobody will see it in all the other hundreds of books. Therefore, you have to pay to get special attention. Some authors do, I don't know how it works for them. It doesn't work for me.

But Author Shout wants a professional headshot, if you don't have one, they won't let you on. So I'm hoping that means they're a little more serious about promoting authors. You can't necessarily draw this conclusion but I'll give it a shot. (Didn't I already say that?)

It was supposed to take two weeks and now it's two weeks and one day. So maybe today my phone will ring.

1 comment:

  1. I'll cross my fingers in hope that your phone rings soon.

    ReplyDelete