Book Hippo

Monday, February 10, 2014

Sochi

There's nothing like the Olympics to engage a person's watching abilities. I'm really excited by this one in Sochi. For the first time in my life, Canada is beating the Americans. Now, I don't have anything against the USA. They have great athletes and are willing to pay them what they need to achieve. Canada has not been so generous.

I'm watching the television by five o'clock AM each morning (with the sound off so I can write) and this morning I was rewarded by seeing Charles Hamelin speed skate away with the gold. I can't imagine being so good at sports.

I have a left knee that isn't really a knee anymore. The patella floats freely as the piece it sets in is gone. I can't do any bending exercises. I also have scoliosis. So that causes some troubles, too.

I do want to do something, though, but I just can't figure out what. It's another thing the Olympics puts into your head. The idea that you should get off your butt and exercise. I have wondered about kayaking. But there's my scoliosis. Walking is good as long as it's not up and down. (knee)

Anyway, I love the Olympics and wish I has enough money to go to these places they have them. Sochi, Russia sounds like a marvelous place and when I was watching the moguls (Canada won Gold and Silver) I noticed those mountains. You can also see them in the skiing. What a lovely thing to look at.

Someday, I'll get there. It'll be as a broken-down unhealthy wreck, but I will be in person at some winter Olympics someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment