Book Hippo

Monday, October 3, 2011

Horror

Hi People: Well, it's coming up to November and my horror story will be released by MuseItUp Publishing that month. It's entitled 'The Mountain City Bronzes'.

So I've been thinking about the origin of horror and the feelings of horror. I think it goes way back to the start of the human race. We all fear crime and loneliness but to be considered horror, it must have a supernatural element. When the first humans started speaking, they probably talked of three things. God, ghosts and gossip. Now the experts will tell you that they talked of hunting and I'm not arguing but I don't think they only talked of that. They must have amused themselves around the campfire with supernatural stories of magic (gods) of thunder and the elements. Ghosts because we all fear dying. Supernatural creatures like the Mongolian Death Worm may have come later but I truly believe that the fear we have when we read a good horror story or watch a horror movie is that primitive fear that may have been the first feelings of the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment